5 Reasons Why I Love My Mother-In-Law

by - Monday, April 10, 2017





During girlfriend-boyfriend stage, girls always ask their boyfriends about their mothers if they're kind, thoughtful, strict, cool, and so on. That was my dilemma as a girlfriend before. I always asked my husband about those. I had this thought that she might not like me or what.  Obviously, I was so anxious.


The day my husband and I got married, we moved to my husband's house (with my mother-in-law). Honestly, I was uncomfortable because that wasn't my house. That's the house where I didn't grow up to. Later on, I became comfortable in this house, rather, home because of my mother-in-law. Perhaps, one of the factors I got close to my MIL is because we're in the same roof. 



Now, after giving some sort of background about my MIL and I, let me tell you the 5 reasons why I love her:


1. She is the mother of the man I loved.



Without her, I will not be able to meet such a wonderful and loving man. At the same time, when I've decided to marry my husband, I've also decided to love his loved ones. It's the whole package though. 


2. She loves our daughter wholeheartedly.


My MIL is the one who is looking after our baby. She even gave up her job just to take care of our baby. Some of you may ask, "Why don't you look for a nanny, instead? You are such a bad couple!" Yeah. I know. We used to look for a nanny and have one but after a month, the nanny left. We cannot find one anymore so my MIL volunteered herself to look after our baby. I am so grateful that she's the one looking after my baby. I can really see and feel that she loves my baby so much.


3. She treats me as her daughter.



People always tells us (whenever we're together) that we really look the same. I mean, she looks like me But, hey. That's not the reason why I said so.

She always makes me feel that I'm her daughter. She sometimes buys and chooses clothes for me. She cooks for me. She cares about me. She also prays for me.


4. We see each other as friends.



My mother-in-law is so cool. I can share any of my thoughts to her. We do Kikay things together. She dyes, treats and cuts my hair. I assists her whenever she's coloring her hair. I pull out her white hair. She sometimes shape my brows. She suggests her newly discovered make-ups. We laugh and have fun together. 


5. She is a role model.



As I listen to her story about her late husband, I've realized the hardships she'd been through for so many years because of my father-in-law's sickness. She's so noble. Through her, I've learned that wives must really stick to their husbands whatever the situation is. She kept the promise of marriage.


I'm not writing this just to impress her once she has read this article or even just to brag, rather, I want other people to know how truly blessed I am to be her daughter-in-law. There's a lot more reason to tell you why I love my mother-in-law but these will be all for now. 

Quote of the day:A daughter-in-law cannot be perfect by herself. A beautiful mother-in-law helps her be one. -Anonymous


My mother-in-law with our
6-month-old baby (that time)

What about you? Would you like to share some of your wonderful thoughts about your mother-in-law? You may comment it below. 

Thanks for reading!








Photos credited to Jonathan Candido
Thank you!

You May Also Like

6 comments