5 Crucial, Natural and Practical Ways in Taking Care of your Skin

by - Monday, May 08, 2017



Puberty turned my world upside-down. I've got some zits on my T-zone most of the time. I had used different soaps and skin care products until the time my condition got worsen. Out of curiosity and desperation, I did some research and attended some seminars regarding skin care. Between six to seven years ago, I've attended a seminar by a dermatologist, Dr. Ryan Encabo on how to take care of our skin. It's been a long time but I was still able to remember some important points that he'd said during that time.

Disclaimer: As what I've said, It was a long time. There were some points that I cannot recall. And some points that I'm not sure if that's exactly what he said.

1. Drink three (3) liters of water a day. 


I was also surprise that we should drink water that MUCH. We, the 90's babies, have been taught that we should drink water at least 8 glasses of water. Drinking three liters of water a day will keep our skin clear and glowing. It will keep your skin hydrated (and prevent it from dryness). This will also prevent you from having acne.

There was an experiment conducted from not drinking 3 liters of water a day to drinking of 3 liters of water a day. To check on the result that happened, you may just read the link below:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/advice/a35197/drinking-water-skin-benefits/

To read more about the benefits of drinking 3 liters of water a day, you may read this article:

http://www.healthfitnessrevolution.com/10-reasons-drink-3-liters-water-day-101-ounces/

2. Eat fruits and vegetables.


To achieve a beautiful and glowing skin, we must first work out with the food we eat. Are these food too oily? too fatty? We must be mindful of that. Eating the right food, especially fruits and vegetables will proved the right nutrition for the skin. This can make your skin look glowing and younger. Here are the top fruits and veggies that will be beneficial for your skin:

http://www.thehealthsite.com/beauty/10-fruits-and-vegetables-that-can-give-you-glowing-skin/

3. Sleep before 12AM.


There is a saying: Every hour of sleep before midnight is worth two after midnightI know that sleeping 8 to 10 hours a day would be good but sleeping earlier (before 12AM) would be better. Sleep plays an important role in your body and brain. Good sleeping habits will also reflect on your skin.

4. Dry the face through patting with a clean face towel.


Filipino's been known for the saying, "The more pressure you put, the better results you'll have." It's about to time to break that say-so. It's not true. In fact, our skin, especially, in our face is more delicate so we should have been more careful. Just pat your face with a clean face towel after washing your face. You also have to make sure that you do not use your body towel. There could be some germs in the body that might cause breakouts in our face.


5. Wash your face only twice a day.


During my teenage years, I really have an oily skin especially in my T-zone. To get rid of it, I always wash my face. Yes, literally, always. Every time I got sweaty and felt like it's dirty, I wash my face.

Hey! You shouldn't do that. The more you wash your face. The more likely your pores will stay opened and exposed to dirt. Remember: Dirt causes breakouts. You won't definitely like it.



There are a lot of natural ways on taking care of  your skin such as exercising and not exposing yourself from sunlight. If you'd like to add more, feel free to comment it below.

Thanks for reading!


Love lots,





You May Also Like

0 comments